Dichroic 3M glass finishes is a film that can be applied to glass or some plastics that show an array of color. The color changes with the light that it is exposed to, the color of the surface it is applied to, and the angle it is viewed from. This amazing film creates unique effects in whatever environment it is used in. (http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/architectural-markets/home/glass-finishes/dichroic/) Dichroic 3M glass finishes are mostly used in commercial buildings, but can also be used in a home for a unique effect. The look can be obtained by purchasing dichroic glass, but using film is a much more cost effective solution. The application of it is also much less expensive than installing the glass.
Dichroic film 'plays' with light, reflecting and bouncing it to reveal a natural color spectrum.
Dichroic film is:
- a visible color shift from both sides of the film-covered glass.
- applicable for glass and many plastics.
- available in warm and cool colors.
- made of premium grade multi-layer polyester.
- non-metallic, non-conductive and non-corrosive.
- The Chill shift in cool tones-blue, magenta, yellow and gold/blue color regions
- The Blaze are in warm tones
The film needs to be applied in an area where it will not receive abrasions. A clear laminate protection is recommended.