3M Exterior Prestige window film was applied to these windows. The film applied to these windows was Exterior Prestige 40. Exterior window film is put on glass when the windows inside are not as accessible as the outside. A wall, bookcases, heavy or immovable furniture or any number of things may may make it difficult to put the film in the inside. Skylights that are really high may be easier to have film applied to the outside via the roof. Exterior window film may also reduce the risk of thermal stress on windows with multiple glass panels. 3M Exterior Prestige window film may be applied to both new buildings and retrofit projects. Advantages of 3M Exterior Prestige Window Film include:
- The film is non-reflective-less reflective than glass
- It has heat rejection with excellent visibility
- It comes in Prestige 40, Prestige 70, and Prestige 90. The 90 lets in 99% of the normal light
- The film blocks 99.9% of UV rays and prevents fading and deterioration cause by UV rays.
- It reduces glare
- People in the inside are not exposed to the UV rays which can cause skin cancer
- It provides heat control so the inside is more comfortable and less air conditioning is used.
- The film does not interfere with cellular or wireless signals.
- The thickness of the film is less than a piece of paper
- After 30 days it can be cleaned, as any other window.
The film is less reflective than glass. Because of the lower reflection, retail displays are more visible and there is less distraction. In the day or at night, potential customers see a beautiful window and whatever is displayed or lit up in the window. This can draw more people to a business and increase sales.
This window film is used in commercial as well as in residential buildings. It is back by the 3M lifetime warranty.